ACT is an advocacy group promoting early permanence in a safe and timely manner for foster children through reunification or adoption.
An important 2014 book by James Kenny, PhD and Peter Kenny, JD.
- Parents and foster/adopt parents: how to deal with attachment problems
- Mental Health Professionals: How to do a Bonding Assessment and treat Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Child Welfare Departments: Policy changes and case work practice that can lead to earlier permanence
- Attorneys: How to effectively represent foster parents and present bonding to courts
- Judges: Important thoughts on blood relationships versus bonding and some recent Appellate Court decisions on the matter
- Everyone: An awakening to the plight of our most vulnerable citizens